George Washington University, Washington DC
As I look up and squint as the sun penetrates my eyes, I wonder, is this a GWU building I am looking at or a city building? GWU is about as urban as it gets when it comes to location. Located in the Foggy Bottom area of DC, you can walk and walk and walk and still never experience all that this city has to offer. Know that a large quad is not part of the deal but the world, literally, is at your fingertips.
• 11,157 undergraduates
• 13:1 Student to Faculty ratio
• 46% acceptance rate
• Test optional
• Mid 50% SAT 590-700, ACT 27-31
• 94% retention rate, freshman that return for their sophomore year
• Average merit aid for families with no financial need is $18,993
• 89% average financial need met
• Require CSS profile form for financial aid
• Urban campus in the midst of D.C.