Comprehensive Counseling Plan
College Financial Aid
Final Selection Consultation
Colleges Accepted To
Join Our Email List
Campus Visit Checklist
College Planning Presentations
COLLEGE APPLICATION NEWS
College Search News
College Planning News
College Essay News
Financial Aid News
Testing – SAT & ACT News
Join Our Email List
Socialize with Us
College Search Questionnaire
Answer the following questions from your perspective. Being honest is very important so we can work together to identify the best selection of schools for your college career.
Answer the following questions, from your perspective, in what you feel best fits and describes your child. This is important so we can share our thoughts and have a mutual agreement on where we are headed.
Are you the:
Parent / Guardian
MM slash DD slash YYYY
College Search Questionnaire
1) Size of School/Student Body Characteristics
Class Size/ My Grade
1) I would most likely get better grades in small classes
2) I would most likely get similar grades in small or large classes
Small Classes: Fewer than 30 students
Large Classes: More than 100 students
1) I like discussing ideas/interacting with the instructor and other students
2) I have no preference regarding discussion/ interaction with students and teachers
3) Discussion and interaction with instructors and other students is not really important to me
Size of School Preference (Check all that apply)
1) Smaller school (1500 - 3500 Students)
2) Mid-Size School (4000 - 8000)
3) Mid-Larger Size School (9000 - 19000)
4) Very Large School (20000+)
2) Academic Environment
Intellectual & scholarly emphasis
1) I prefer the environment to be intellectual & scholarly
2) I have no preference regarding an intellectual versus scholarly environment
3) I might like a balance between intellectual & social sides of campus life
1) I'd like a broad based education so I can consider several careers
2) I have no preference on broad based versus career prep college
3) I'd prefer a college that will prepare me for a specific career
Please list any potential major/s or academic interests you would like me to use in researching colleges.
Similar Religious Background
1) I might like to be at a college with many students who share my religious background
2) I have no preference regarding similar religious background of students
3) Having many students who share my religious background is not at all significant to my college planning
4) Cost/Financial Aid
1) Cost is a major factor in choosing a college
2) I have no preference regarding cost
3) Cost has little bearing in choosing a college
Competitive College Vs. Financial Aid
1) I am willing to accept admission at a less competitive college in exchange for financial or merit aid
2) I have no preference regarding a competitive college versus cost
3) I am probably not willing to compromise perceived academic standards for cost
Approximate Dollar amount you are willing and/or able to pay for college per year
If you prefer to discuss this off line, or if finances are not going to be a consideration in college selection, please let me know.
Please provide any additional comments relating to financing yours/your child’s education.
5) Student Body Characteristics
Check the top 5 – 7 qualities that describe the types of students with whom you would enjoy going to school. If there is a characteristic that is not listed, please write it below.
What words describe those students you would like to go to school with?
down to earth
List any additional characteristic(s) that are important to you if they are not listed above.
6) Student Life
Check any of the following that are important to you so I consider them when researching colleges for you:
Most students live on campus
Lots of spectator sports where going to athletic games is a social event
Lots of students participate in intramural sports
Fraternities/sororities are available
Lots of weekend activities
A beautiful campus
Sense of community exists
I don’t feel like a number
Campus that utilizes the surrounding community/city/town
Will you be participating in Div I, II or III athletics?
If so, which sport and what division?
List any activities, clubs, organizations, club or intramural sports that you would like to be involved with in college.
Distance from Home
1) I prefer a college within driving distance from home (4-6 hours)
2) I can be a 2-3 hour plane flight from home
3) I can be anywhere in the country
College Name/ Prestige
1) The “name” or the “prestige” of a college is somewhat important to me
2) I have no preference regarding "name" or "prestige" of my college
3) The fit of the college is important in the college I attend
Which of these options sound appealing to you as you think about the kind of place in which you will be comfortable? Check any (or all):
In a major city where the campus is part of the city
In a major city but still has a campus
Near a city but not located in the city
In a small town, where the college is the focus of the town
In a small town which is in a rural setting
Please list any additional comments on location?
Please list any colleges you would like me to consider during my college search for you?