Where are you in your college admissions journey?
Working the plan. Where are we now?
This is the first in a new series that we will be posting on how Signature College Counseling’s students are working the plan on their college admission’s journey. Not only those that are in the midst of their application season but underclassmen as well.
See below for where our students are in their college admissions journey, at this point in time:
• Finalizing their draft student resume and all supporting activities
• Completing the general portion of their Common App and Coalition Application, if applicable
• Writing their primary essay that will eventually be submitted to all of the schools that they are applying to
• Finalizing their college list – Scheduling the last of their college visits, using our on-line Campus Visit Checklist, click here.
• Ensure they have defined their financial boundaries to be sure that their list of schools fit them financially
• Continuing their college visits to work through finding their SAFE match colleges, socially, academically, financially and emotionally. Use our on-line Campus Visit Checklist, click here.
• Solidifying their SAT/ACT testing plan for the Fall
• If not done already, looking into test prep options (group tutoring, private tutoring…etc.)
• Continuing to compile their activities and adding to their draft student resume
• Continuing to define their financial boundaries to be sure that they work towards a list of schools that fit them financially
• Working on understanding what their needs, wants and desires are for their SAFE match colleges
• Visiting colleges that are within their boundaries and match criteria to gain a better understanding of what they want, and don’t want, in their college experience. Use our on-line Campus Visit Checklist, click here.
• Compiling their activities and beginning to draft their student resume
• Defining their financial boundaries to be sure that they work towards a list of schools that fit them financially
Use our Campus Visit Checklist: Click here. You can email yourself and 1 other person your completed form.
Sign up for free college admissions tips and information from Signature College Counseling, click here.
Do you have questions about the college admissions process or the above information? Don’t hesitate to contact me at email@example.com or by phone, 845.551.6946.